Thursday, September 14, 2006

Deadlines!!!.......

Need some directions? PRC can help
When I just began university, I did not realise that there was a deadline for switching my program for the following year. Naturally, I missed the deadline and could not switch my program until the following September. This resulted in me, not being able to register into courses I actually wanted to get into. I wish I had someone to tell me of those deadlines!

I know I am not alone because many students go through university unaware of the resources or options available to them. For example, students have the option of withdrawing from a course they may be struggling with. Often freshman students learn of these options after it is much too late.The Peer Referral Centre would like to give you a ‘heads up’ on those critical dates to make your university career smoother than mine was.

SEPTEMBER
Friday 22nd: Deadline to opt out of the Students Union Health and Dental Plan.

OCTOBER
Monday 2nd: Deadline for tuition fee payment!
Monday 9th: Deadline for submission of Grade Appeal forms for courses completed in Summer Session 2006 to the Faculty/ School Office.
Tuesday 10th: Deadline for withdrawal from individual courses offered in the first half of the semester only.
Wednesday 15th: Deadline for submission of ‘Change of Program’ forms to the Registrar’s Office.

NOVEMBER
Thursday 9th: Deadline for withdrawal from individual courses/ complete withdrawal for the Fall 2006 semester.
Friday 10th: First day of registration for continuing students for Spring 2007.

DECEMBER
Friday 1st: Deadline for withdrawal from courses offered in the last half of the semester only.
Saturday 9th: LAST day of classes for Fall 2006 Semester!
Monday 11th: Deadline for application to the Faculty/ School Advising Office for Withdrawal with Cause for the Fall Semester 2006.
Tuesday 12th: FINAL EXAMINATIONS BEGIN!
Wednesday 20th: FINAL EXAMINATIONS END…


Let me know if you have had a similar experience! Did we help you?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a page somewhere on the uleth site for these dates (perhaps with the registrars office) for future reference (future semesters or if/when they change these dates during the semester)

Thanks

September 22, 2006  
Blogger Peer Referral Staff said...

Hi Jon,

There sure is. You can find out about important dates at: http://www.uleth.ca/ross/deadlines

Thanks for your question, let us know if you have anymore.

September 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home